Sunday, September 8, 2013

The Less Glamorous Side of ONU

The wireless internet in the dorm rooms have always been less than stellar to say the least. However, the Wi-Fi in Lima hall works for maybe an hour a day. Maybe. I always have my ethernet cable into my computer, and even with the cable in my computer the Internet still does not connect. Normally, this would not be a problem because our information technology center is excellent at fixing problems just like this. The problem is, the university is not funding the proper procedure to fix the Wi-Fi because it is not a concern of theirs.
With so many classes requiring students to use the Internet for assignments, I do not understand why this is not a concern for the university. It is possible for students to go to the library for the regular subpar Internet, but we as students are paying, or taking out loans to pay, for our rooms at almost a thousand dollars a month to have all of these promised qualities in the comfort of our own room. I just do not care for the fact that we spend the money to live on campus so we can have things like wireless internet, but the university is the one that is able to decide if we need it to work or not, a problem any landlord would fix for their residents.

1 comment:

  1. Alexa! After reading this blog I was silently chuckling to myself. After visiting Lima Complex ever now and then I can see why you get frustrated with the Wi-Fi. Every time I've visited I've never been able to connect. Maybe try moving into Stambaugh next semester. The connection is wonderful over here! ;)

    ReplyDelete