Monday, September 30, 2013

Dancing Through Life

Apparently this is my week to sing in my head as I blog. If you don't know the song "Dancing Through Life" from the popular Broadway musical Wicked, I would advise you to look it up. Now, down to business.

This Saturday was the dance show at Ohio Northern. Eisenhower Dance and dancers from Ohio Northern performed seven numbers in total. My personal favorites were entitled "What Was That?" and "The Music Lesson." All of the performances were equally as breathtaking. Ohio Northern's dancers were also wonderful in their performance. Each dancer in sync with themselves and each other. The continuous energy coming from the stage was electrifying.

The way the dancers created continuous movement was incredible. Not a single moment when the curtain was up was there a complete stillness. Each person knew the story they wanted to tell the audience. Whether that was the story the audience received, at this point, isn't relevant in my opinion. The dancers were able to convey emotion through their dance. It's what many people dream of doing. Those in Eisenhower Dance had the opportunity to Saturday, and I had the equally gratifying experience of seeing the show.

1 comment:

  1. The dance show was really good. Each dance had its own story that the dancers conveyed to the audience. Throughout the show, there were many emotions that were expressed. I loved "The Music Lesson!" It was my favorite dance. It was very entertaining to watch.

    ReplyDelete