Sunday, September 15, 2013

Welcome to Sophomore Year. Would you like to Super Size your stress?

With adding a second major, assuming leadership positions and continuing to grow as a public relations student, it is safe to say that the stress is starting to pile up.

Don't get me wrong, I love being busy and every choice I have made I in no way regret. I have a great room and roommate and I now return to the campus knowing much more than I did last year. No longer will I have to worry about getting lost on the way to White Bear (and yes, that did happen to me last year).

So, did I get in over my head? Possibly. And there may be times when the stress may get to me and I feel like I won't be able to win. The great thing about Ohio Northern is at times like that, I know I can go to my professors or my friends and find help and support through them. Even if I forget to go to studio for my new voice class after my voice teacher drove four hours to help the 10 of us continue to improve our voices, a sincere apology and support from those closest to me can set me on the right track again.

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain! Best thing I ever did was to dedicate one day of my week to completely ignoring school. Getting my mind off the chaos that is ONU just for one day gave me the ability to manage my time better and make sure I give myself time to enjoy college while I still can. Give it a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I give you props for being involved with SO much! You're a hard worker and I know you'll be able to get everything done. Will it be stressful? Of course, it's college! But always...and I stress this, ALWAYS remember to save some time for yourself. You don't want to get through your four years here and regret not taking time to relax. It's good for you to take a break now and then! But, I'm here if you need to unwind at any time. You're a superstar, though!

    ReplyDelete