Thursday, October 3, 2013

A New Way Post and Share Pictures

Through a new smartphone app and website, TimeShaker is a way to link pictures together. From what I've seen through their website and description the the app store on the iPhone, pictures can be sorted by date or event. The website gave some examples of famous events in history. It also looked as if you could sort pictures by location as well.

A definite pro to this new app is it is a new concept for picture sorting. IPhoto on Mac computers do sort pictures by event, but there is no way to share the group of pictures to anyone else. Although I don't know how the sharing works exactly, the option to share a group of organized pictures is a nice feature.

A con to this new app is I don't know exactly how it works. If I were to create an account, I'm sure the company would tell me what I need to do. However, if I don't know exactly how it works, what will push me to download the app or create an account in the first place?

They seem to have a nice tagline and website setup, but more attention needs to be made to actually describing the product. The switch between the social and business websites is an excellent idea, but I didn't see much difference between the two besides the scrolling pictures. Perhaps a highlighted section detailing the features of the app for social and business use in the appropriate places would help adaption of this new app.

1 comment:

  1. The app does sound like an interesting concept from what you've said, but I agree that if they haven't made it clear how it works, that's an obvious issue. It's hard to imagine something will become too immediately popular if it's not even clear how to use it.

    ReplyDelete