Sunday, October 13, 2013

Another trip to the World Series?

Being from a family of Detroit Tigers fans, I have to post about their win last night! Facing the Boston Red Sox, the Tigers won 1-0 at Fenway Park last night. In the first inning, pitcher Anibal Sanchez struck out four batters, something that hasn't been accomplished since 1908. He also led six no-hit innings, and the Red Sox only had one hit the entire game.

Right now, the Tigers are playing the Red Sox in the ALCS, or the American League Championship Series. Seven games are played and the overall winner of those games advance to the World Series. The above link does lead to a Wikipedia page with more information on the ALCS if anyone is interested. Yes, I know Wikipedia can be unreliable, but if you wish to have a general understanding, the site will work just fine.

The Tigers last won the World Series in 1984, but did play last year. As a Tigers fan, I am hoping for the best as they continue the remaining six games. Hopefully those six will lead to more as they go on their way to win another World Series champion title.

With such a gap since the last World Series championship, the public relations team for the Tigers could have a major advertising opportunity. Also, with the Tigers just going to the World Series last year, many of the T-shirt designs from last year. I think this could be an easy advertisement for the pr team!

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand the struggle of not having a team in the World Series for a long time. My dad and I are Chicago Cubs fans and let's just say are road to the World Series may take awhile longer the Tigers. But, I understand the enthusiasm of watching big wins, especially against the team like the Red Sox because it seems to boost the teams confidence. I also feel like the sharing the like/love for a team with family makes watching much more enjoyable. Keep me updated on how your team does during the series.

    ReplyDelete